15/10/2006

Last Night I Went To Australia...


...and I have never been there before. I went to a party at the Australian embassy, so technically I have now been to Australia. I might go to all the embassies then I can claim to be a seasoned world traveller. Or maybe not...

I mention it because I experienced one of those incongruous moments when you hear a piece of music that you really like and think "How did this end up here?" The dj was playing some atrocious Kelly Clarkson house remix which he then decided to mix into Laid Back's White Horse. This sits alongside hearing Talking Heads in my local hypermarket (which is about the size of Australia) and the man on an adjacent desk in the Brazilian ministry of work (where I am attempting to get my permenant visa sorted out) deciding to use his computer to listen to Patti Smith.

I have been a bad blogger this week so next week normal service will be resumed, promise.

No comments: