09/12/2006

Keep It Simple


At the moment I am finding that the music I most enjoy is the simplest. Crunk, baile funk, reggaeton, rap, straightforward indie rock and old favourites are doing it for me right now. Generally, these all tend to create two reactions: the desire to dance or to sing along, the two primary jobs of pop music. I'm just not in the mood for the more challenging end of my taste spectrum. The noisy, the experimental, the avant-garde, the post-rocking, the miserable, the droning, the jazzy, I'm just not going there. I think this is because I am learning Portuguese, and trying to get my head around the language (especially the blinking verbs) is tiring and is making my brain work harder than it has since, errr, ever. I am using music as my comfort blanket, giving my brain a breather after a busy lesson of conjugating. And if that's not the best reason ever for listening to these songs, than I don't know what is:


Diplo - Shhake It Up!
(download from a seperate window)

Matt & Kim - Yea Yeah (download from a seperate window)


No comments: