07/09/2007

Feliz Aniversário Jamesinbrasil

Did you realise that this blog is now one year old? And more to the point, can you believe it survived this long? So to all of my regular readers (a big hello to both of you), thanks for stopping by, downloading and commenting, it's all very much appreciated.

My regular readers (a big hello to both of you) will remember my over-excitable, slightly evangelical review of the Daft Punk gig that I went to in Sao Paulo last October. Well we have got tickets to the same festival again this year, and the line up couldn't be any more perfect. First up are Spank Rock, my favourite hip hop crew right now. Then it's Hot Chip, whose last album I still listen to like a new release, i.e. all the bleeding time. Then it's Bjork, who is, as I said before, a genius, and I haven't seen since 1995. Then there are three more acts (Juliette & The Licks, Arctic Monkeys, and The Killers) who I don't care about. This means we can go home early, which is great because, as my dad would say, I'm getting a bit of the old boy about me. A full match report will follow in due course.

This also gives me an opportunity to post two new Hot Chip remixes of Kraftwerk (a marriage made in James heaven):

Kraftwerk - Aerodynamik (Hot Chip's Intelligent Design Mix)

Kraftwerk - La Forme (Hot Chip's King Of The Mountains Mix)

8 comments:

David N said...

James heaven. Ha.

hf,c,.jgvkhbj,. said...

Why do you "ha"? James heaven is a beautiful place, with bunting as far as the eye can see...

David N said...

Maybe so, but theres no meat, and nobody hates Chelsea.

hf,c,.jgvkhbj,. said...

A comment made by a man who's obviously never enjoyed a tasty quorn steak. You haven't lived mate...

Sunny Walks said...

James Heaven should be your stage name when you DJ.

You could wear all white and give out commandmenta and stuff inbetween records.

'Thou shalt not listen to Katie Melua!!' etc.

Patrick said...

Happy birthday mrinbrasil

Anonymous said...

You had a lot of the old boy about you long before now....

hf,c,.jgvkhbj,. said...

I'm very much in favour of the all white suit, possibly accompanied by two big white wolfhounds and a jewel encrusted cane. Off to the shops for me...

Thanks Mr Takepictures

I'm suprised we had to wait until comment number 8 until a sarcy old boy comment. Still I threw the ball in the air, so I can't complain if someone caught it. Welcome back to the comments section, Zoe, you've been missed.