02/09/2006

Greetings From Brasilia



Greetings from Brasilia, and welcome to my blog. I thought today was a good day to start, as yesterday, after three months, I experienced my first Brazilian rainstorm, and if anything reminds me of home, it's rain. But it made a pleasant change to be wet because of rain, rather than sweat. Nice.

Firstly, let me apologise for the appearence of the blog. I am new to all this blogging business and in time everything will look pretty, but for now it's pretty basic.

I would tell you a little about myself, but as you are reading this there is a 99% probability that you already know who I am. But just in case you are in that 1%, and here as a result of an odd google search, then here is a brief biography. I was born in Brighton, England, where I lived until I was 18. I moved to London for 11 years, until may of this year when I came here to Brasilia in Brazil. So why Brasilia? Because my girlfriend is Brazilian, and she said so. And besides, friends and family apart, I had nothing to lose.

So why start a blog? There are two reasons. Firstly, I am no diarist, but I thought you might find some of my experiences of living here interesting. This is definitely not an opportunity for me to show off: "ooh look at me, its so hot here, isn't this all glamorous?" you don't want to read that, and I don't want to write it. And anyway, I am not a traveler, its not as if I spend everyday on a beach or up a mountain. Which leads me to the second reason.

I am not working (yet), so I spend a lot of time on the internet, and I mean a lot of time. So everyday I wade through the numerous blogs and websites out there, many of which have very good music available to download. But you don't have the time to wade like me, you have lives, jobs and responsibilities. I have none of these things, so I will post my findings on here for your pleasure. I hope you enjoy it. Please feedback, leave comments, and let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello you moose!

Very good but...... Think you have too much time on your hands go out and find me some new Havaianas!!!!! xxxx