16/09/2006

Join The Hype!



So as I said in my last post, I thought that I should highlight a couple of bands that keep cropping up in my blog trawling. But first important business. Cornelius, Japan's finest pop star and a bonafide genius in my eyes, has posted his new single 'Music' on his myspace page. It's great, but perhaps not up to his previous high standards. Such is the problem with releasing two albums of such exceptional high quality.

So a lot of kids are getting excited about Crystal Castles, a male/female duo from Toronto. They sound like a woman shouting over a commodore 64. If that doesn't sound like your cup of tea, or you have an aversion to music liked by people with angular hair and ripped clothes, you may want to avoid the mp3's below. If, however, you are like me and, even though you know you shouldn't because if it was up to you the audience at one of their gigs would be forced to work in a mine for life rather than mince around spending their parents money on £200 t-shirts, you can't help but be suckered in by a lo-fi punk rock ethic, a complete lack of decernable talent and the sheer bad taste junk noise of it all. Enjoy!!

Crystal Castles- Love and Caring (7 Inch Version)
Crystal Castles - Alice Practice
Klaxons - Atlantis to Interzone (Crystal Castles Remix)

No comments: