21/09/2006

KRFT works


I think I can speak on behalf of the entire human race when I say we felt pretty damn miserable when we heard of the demise of Death From Above 1979. But then we saw, rising from the ashes, the mighty disco monster MSTRKRFT and we felt a lot better. Using the same straightforward dynamic for the dancefloor that served DFA1979 so well in the world of rock, their album 'The Looks' is ridiculously good, as I mentioned here before (buy it here). So even though this is only post number nine, I'm going to post more MSTRKRFT remixes here, because frankly you need them. Firstly, the dream ticket:

Death From Above 1979 - Sexy Results (MSTRKRFT Edition)

Secondly, the best indie rock meets dance with Riot Grrrlish vocals remix since the other DFA's remix of Le Tigre:

Gossip - Listen Up (MSTRKRFT Relick)

Go to their myspace page to hear their brand new remix of Acid Jacks. I love this damn band!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Howdy James,
Liking the blog... good to know someone who finally has one. All this stuff in the papers and so on about blogs.. me with a web job and you are actually the first person I know with a real live blog (myspace don't count you suckkkers). I've gotta get through listening to some of this stuff you are posting but tiscali are draggin their heals on connecting us at home and the neighbours wireless network has GONE! Bastards! I'm watching though and will soon be listening.... Brasil sounds cool.. hows the graffiti out there, I've been reading a bit about that recently.
Maybe when I get online I'll be inspired to go mad on web 2.0 and have blogs and all kinds of stuff... cheers

Chris Bruce
http://www.last.fm/user/christian_brice/

Anonymous said...

....What's this I hear....Death from Above are no more??!! Where the hell have I been?? Oh yeah - Kent! Still, I'm shocked and pretty darn disappointed that I won't be able to see/listen to their full-on noize fest in the rock style. This new guise sounds alright, but you know I'm all about the rock at heart!
Zulu x