14/09/2006

This Man Is Your Post Punk Hero



So here are my final three faves. I downloaded about 150 tracks from blogs in the last week so I have loads more songs to post, starting tomorrow.

Number three is:

Talking Heads - These Boots Are Made For Walking

There aren't many unreleased Talking Heads tracks that I know of, so enjoy this rarity. I think this may not be the last Talking Heads track I post on here...

Number two:

Peter John and Bjorn - Young Folks (Beyond The Wizards Sleeve Remix)

The original of this is pretty good, but in this version, Beyond The Wizards Sleeve (Erol Alkan and Richard Norris) make it a little less twee and add a shuffle. The track also includes whistling, and I am a sucker for whistling. I may do a whistling top ten at some point.

And number one is:

Roberto De Simone - Secondo Coro Delle Lavandaie

This originates here, where you can read about it. But the short version is that it is from an Italian opera of 1976. Somehow it ended up sounding like a supergroup of the Slits, the Au Pairs and 'Bone Machine' era Tom Waits. And it is as good, if not better, than that sounds. Let me know what you think by leaving comments below.

Tomorrow, I'll start looking at the most hyped bands in the blogs right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.