25/09/2006

Does Humour Belong In Music?



As usual, I was wasting time by trawling through Last FM, and I found this group who have set up upon discussing one of my favourite music subjects, namely "Does Humour Belong In Music?". Obviously I didn't join, but I had a root around, checking out their list of band connections. Not surprisingly, Sebadoh were not on the list. Surprisingly, Sebadoh are responsible for one of my favourite peices of comedy ever. This track:

Sebadoh - Showtape '91

is on the new fancy extended version of Sebadoh III (buy it here). It is a 12 minute long introduction tape that Sebadoh would play before coming on stage. I remember being about 15 and going to my friend Joes house to listen to it (it was released as a b-side), and laughing ourselves into a non-existant coma. And I still think it's funny today.

I'm going to continue the comedy theme tomorrow. Now I know this might strike fear into some of your hearts, which is why I'd like you to suggest any good combinations of music and comedy that you can think of in the comments section. Don't be shy...

Ps. That image came from a google search for 'sad clown'. Spooky huh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.