20/06/2008

Nudity and a musical building

You know I feel duty bound to report the latest activities of David Byrne, because they are always interesting, whether it's singing on trance songs or writing pop - operas about Imelda Marcos. So here are the two sides of Mr. Byrne in two videos I saw this week.

Firstly, he does guest vocals on the new Fatboy Slim project, the Brighton Port Authority. You can say what you want about Norman Cook, but you can't deny he knows his way around a pop tune, so the combination of the two of them, with Dizzee Rascal, is pretty irresistable. Nice cheeky video too.



Secondly, he has turned a building in New York into a giant musical instrument. Well, musical is debatable, but it seems pretty cool to me.



The 20th June is the day of resellers




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeez Louise, you've been blogging like a man possessed...well posting at least!
Anyway, thanks for the David Byrne/musical building video....I found it most interesting. Think I'd probably start throttling people if I had to listen to that drone for longer than a few seconds though.

hf,c,.jgvkhbj,. said...

I know, even I'm impressed. We bought a wireless router, so I can use all that time spent in front of the telly watching football more productively.