01/09/2008

Seoul to Seoul


Note to downloaders: I'm out of bandwidth, so hold on until the 8th September, when it's reset.

jamesinbrasil is celebrating it's second birthday today, and I'd like to thank you for stopping by and reading, listening and commenting. It's appreciated. So now is a good time to announce that there will be some major changes going on around here soon, as I am leaving Brazil for pastures new. That's right, jamesinbrasil is dead, love live...


...jamesinseoul!

I'm off to South Korea for a year, so I will obviously change my focus towards east Asian life, and music, which will be a challenge, as I know nothing about that. But I will dig around, fear not.

Reflections on my time in Brazil will follow, but for now, let's get this pun out of the way, shall we?

Sebadoh - Soul and Fire

Thurston Moore - Ono Soul

David Bowie - Soul Love
Cee-lo Green - Soul Machine
James Brown - Soul Power
Eric B & Rakim - I Know You Got Soul
Todd Rundgren - Soul Brother
AC/DC - Soul Stripper
Blues Explosion - Soul Typecast
Eels - Souljacker Pt. 1
Joy Division - Heart and Soul

KLF - Elvis On The Radio, Steel Guitar In My Soul
Dexy's Midnight Runner's - Until I Believe In My Soul
Tim Buckley - Grief In My Soul
XTC - The Man Who Sailed Around His Soul

Armand Van Helden - I Want Your Soul (Crookers Crunk Remix)
Ghostface Killah - Soul Controller
Betty Bibbs - Pounds Of Soul
Run D.M.C. - Soul To Rock and Roll
Beck - Soul Suckin' Jerk
Desmond Dekker - Rudy Got Soul



Photo taken from here.




3 comments:

David N said...

James In Seoul just isn't as catchy.

And you forgot Soul Survivor by the Stones.

Have a nice trip.

hf,c,.jgvkhbj,. said...

But it's catchier than Jamesinkorea, so what choice do I have?

I didn't forget it, I just never got the Stones. Not saying they're bad, just never clicked, you know?

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I think Jamesinkorea sounds better than Jamesinseoul, but you'll always be Jamesinbrasil! Thanks for the list, by the way - I'm glad Sebadoh was in the top spot.