15/11/2006

Ys Please



There are two important events this week. The first is the expiration of my tourist visa, which means I may be here illegally depending on the varacity of the federal police officer that I spoke to (it's likely to be fine though, don't worry yourselves). The second is the release of Joanna Newsom's new album Ys, which I beseech you to buy. It's absolutely amazing. I'm not going to go on about it, because it's all over the internet (read the Guardian review and the Pitchfork one), and I'm not going to post any songs because a million blogs have. So I suggest that if you want to check it out you go here, here and here. This is the best album of the year, no doubt.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I concur; it is by far the best album of the year - beautiful, haunting, funny and moving. I never thought I would say that about Joanna Newsom who, in the past, I found her voice grating, almost reaching a new level of annoying. They discussed Ys on Newsnight Review here in the UK the other night, and one reviewer complained of her diction. Surprisingly it wasn’t Tom Paulin who made that comment.

Anonymous said...

well said that man. it's a fantastic album. Brazilian lemsips all round Mr T!

hf,c,.jgvkhbj,. said...

interestingly, limes are far more common here, so that should be limsips, if they exist, and i don't think they do