05/03/2007

I'm back...


So I'm back after my month off, sufficiently recovered from my jetlag and the English cold that I got two hours before I left the country. The jumpers have been replaced by shorts, and the sore nose with mosquito bites, and normal service has been resumed.

It's good to be back in the sunshine and my flat, which i have multimediered up with a dvd player, extra hard drive, PS2, and various speakers, is now providing me with a million more distractions and time killing opportunities that I could probably do without, but am very happy to have nonetheless.

Bruna and I had a lovely time in the UK and it was great to see everyone. So if you let us stay in your house, bought us gifts, took us to dinner, gave us discount in HMV or provided us with your fine company, than a big thank you. We probably won't be back for a couple of years, so unless you want to come and visit, lets keep this internet based communication going, as its a lot of fun. You can find me on myspace and last fm, and of course use the comments section here, as your feedback is important to me.

So down to business. I had a lot of catching up to do with the blogs when I got back (three weeks is an age online) and here is a random smattering of new songs I like. This Villalobos remix of Depeche Mode is never going to be released apparently. What fools. It's an absolute masterpeice of remixing, building up and and up over it's thirteen minutes:

Depeche Mode - The Sinner In Me (Ricardo Villalobos Conclave Remix)

Here are Brazilian funsters Cansei De Ser Sexy messing about with a indie rock classic:

CSS - Pretend We're Dead

Talking of indie rock classics, here are splendid new tracks from the new Dinosaur Jr and Low albums:

Dinosaur Jr - Almost Ready

Low - Breaker

I don't know anything about this band, but I know this remix is well tasty:

The Black Ghosts - Face (Switch mix)

As is the latest Diplo offering:

Claude Von Stroke - The Whistler (Diplo Remix)

And this sounds like TV On The Radio doing electrorap:

Muscles - Ice Cream

P.S. I am attempting to use a new filesharing site, for the 53rd time. Please let me know if the mp3's download okay. Thanks.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tunes. I like the new Dino Jr song - sounds promising. Not so keen on the Depeche Mode cover.....I was pretty bored by it and there was no drum machine?!
No problems downloading and there was no weird symbol thing in my i-tunes like before.
Toodle pip, Zx

hf,c,.jgvkhbj,. said...

thanks, zoe, i knew i could rely on you to be the first one here! i guess you could describe the villalobos remix as minimal, a style which normally leaves me cold, but this just works for some reason.

Sunny Walks said...

I'm getting strangely attracted to the idea of wearing short shorts like those people in CSS lately.

Most of them are girls though...so it's more 'socially acceptable'.

No-one wants to see my hairy thighs.

Thankyou for the music my friend, it's always welcome.

David N said...

The PS2 means you got Pro Evo then, right? You must be a happy man. Except there are an awful lot of people in your living room, judging by that picture. Unless you're playing with a multi-tap. Then it would all make sense.

I bet you wear short shorts in Brazil. More "socially acceptable" there. Especially combined with a very loose vest-top. No?

Links fine, downloads work, haven't listened to all the songs yet, I'm busy...

hf,c,.jgvkhbj,. said...

a loose string vest top obviously, and the shortest of all the shorts.

i have pro evo, so help me god. i am weak and its hard to resist...

Anonymous said...

Davey, I would love to see your hairy thighs! I think you should pour yourself into some short shorts on Wednesday....go on, I dare you.

Anonymous said...

hello boyo. sorry our country left you with such a miserable parting gift. good to have you back on the blogwaves. have downloaded your latest gifts but haven't had time to pour them into my ears yet. will do tonight. chris morris did a talk at bournemouth uni on tuesday. it was a little bizarre. he was wearing reflective cycling clips (he got the train from london) and a silver lame scarf. the lord.

re the shorts scenario, can i just say one thing - nic offer from !!! don't go there.