13/03/2007

Let's Work...


So you'll never guess what I did this week. I worked. Check me out. I had my first two private conversation classes with students. In these lessons I spoke to a Brazilian about me and my opinions and my life, and listened to them while they did the same. In other words we had a conversation. For an hour. I think leaving retail behind might have been a good idea...

Prince - Let's Work (Live In Long Beach, 31/03/83)

Talking Heads - Found A Job (Live 29/09/79)

Daft Punk - Teachers (Live At The Rex Club, Paris)

Beck - Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometimes

Super Furry Animals - The Teacher

Tom Waits - I Can't Wait To Get Off Work (Live On VH1 Storytellers)

Props to the Shrigley

4 comments:

David N said...

More information, please. Were these conversations in English? Or Brazil-ogeuse? If they were in english then you have a ridiculously easy job, and you should have posted a link to a song titled "Taking the piss".
If they were in Brazilish then well done, dude.

hf,c,.jgvkhbj,. said...

They were in English! I can't teach Portuguese! There's a Nick Cave song called 'Easy Money'?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Beck tune....I've wanted to get my ears on it since the first viewing of Eternal Sunshine. But you know how it is....so many songs.... so many songs....

Sunny Walks said...

After I saw Eternal Sunshine I scoured the internet for that Beck song, then on dial-up. The download took about three days.

It was worth it.